Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer sewing

Summer is so short!  I am just realizing that I will be able to (hopefully) have some time here in the fall to sit down and sew without the sound of little feet.  They will be missed but oh the possibilities of getting these projects done.

These are the curtains I completed earlier in the spring.  I got to finally see them hung up in the kitchen!  I like the look of the coffee stained flour sack towel, they turned out to be perfect for the prairie style kitchen.  



My baby girl finished her first pieced quilt top.  It was a smaller quilt so she could get the seams finished and not be to distracted to quickly.  She did a great job and the quilt turned out great!  I quilted hearts on it and finished the binding for her.  Great job baby girl!!



These are some towels that I made for my aunt and uncle.  They camp and fish a lot so I thought these would be a great addition to their little camper!  Patterns are from Sublime Stitching.



We decided to redo the colors in our bathroom.  We found this great set on sale at Kohl's.  I bought two of the striped rugs so that I could transform one of them into a contour rug for the toilet.  It turned out to be not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  



I decided to join the Feeling Stitchy stitch along for July, at the end of July!  I made it into a pillow.  I was contemplating making it and remembered someone I know likes gnomes so I jumped in.  I like how he turned out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment