Friday, May 27, 2011

Christmas in May!


Today as the sun is shining and the birds are singing, I am thinking of Christmas!  This week I have finished up some BIG projects and in my stash and projects cabinet I have a Christmas tree skirt I am working on!  I found these great red and white strips on sale at my local quilt shop and thought they would go great alternating with a solid piece of fabric.




 That's when I found this.  It is so beautiful.  The detail is so hard to see here but it is gorgeous!  
Love the white snow flakes!  Actually, I really just LOVE this fabric.  The colors are so Christmas! 



At the Denver Quilt Mart I found this wedge ruler that I have been looking for.  I have only seen it in magazines and I don't want to have to pay shipping on the crazy size!  It is a Phillips Fiber Art Ten Degree Wedge.  It makes a 50 inch circle with 36 wedges.  So I am cutting out 18 red and white wedges and 18 solid Christmas fabric wedges.  I will alternate them to form the circle!  

  
Here is the free pattern that comes with the wedge.  I am not going to make my wedges zig zag, just straight lines.  There was a book that accompanied the wedge that I could purchase that showed how to use this wedge to make butterflies and birds, but I just wanted to make the Christmas tree skirt.  I could use it to make GIANT dresden quilts too I guess!  



Here is the link to the wedge: http://www.phillipsfiberart.com/
While investigating this wedge, I found out they are from Delta, Colorado!  Cool!  Beautiful quilts made with this wedge!!!


Here is the book that went with the wedge.  http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/quilts-without-corners/ 
Here is a second book that also went with the wedge:
http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/encore-quilts-without-corners/ 
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment