Tuesday, May 17, 2011


Last September I started a rag quilt using some flannel cupcake material and coordinating colors flannel material.  I cut the rag squares out using my AccuQuilt Go! Cutter and Rag Die Cut.  I ended up cutting out 270 squares!  LOVE this die cut!  It was so much easier to use the machine to cut the squares instead of using spring loaded scissors for each little cut!




I finished the quilt this last week!  It is so warm and toasty!  I have washed it twice and the lint just keeps on coming!  Cutting and sewing this quilt did a number on my allergies.  The fine lint and fibers were EVERYWHERE!  When I finished the project I had to take the bottom off of my machine to clean out all the fine lint!  When washing the quilt the water was swimming with small fibers! I had to take it out after washing and shake, shake, shake!  Still had to check the lint screen in the dryer every ten minutes!  I did this process twice!  When I took it to the Quilt Council meeting I had strings stuck to my shirt!  They are all over my chair where I cuddle with the kiddos and all over the bed comforter!  
LOVE it anyway, I may just need to wash it a couple more hundred times!  Every time I wash it the rags get puffier and puffier, so it's all good!  



The cupcake fabric is so cute!!



Happy Crafting!

1 comment: