Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fun Saturday!

Today was my quilting council meeting.  I am now a proud committee member in charge of membership!  Fun to get involved and get people excited about being involved!  There was even a couple of new members today!  It was a great meeting and I think everyone is ready for Spring!  Our local quilt shop The Creative Quilt Closet http://quiltingfabriccolorado.com/blog-creative-cloth-closet/, had a great sale today on fat quarters.  This is what I picked up today.  LOVE the material.  The hearts and colors are so beautiful.  Wonderful material to add to my stash!




During the meeting I met some ladies that have hand embroidery hobbies too.  I got some ideas from them.  I decided to go organize my thread stash.  I went to Wal-Mart and got a fishing tackle box and organized the thread cards in it.  This is a great way to organize my colors and makes it so much easier to select the color I need.  I found a local store http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grandmas-Beads-and-Yarn/127932877271756 that carries the DMC cotton thread and I found some gorgeous colors.  


I like the fit of the card in the box and the portability of it.  I had most of these colors left over from when I was a camp counselor and learned how to make friendship bracelets!  Good times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment