Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New comfy cozy blanket!

I have to admit that I still sleep with a teddy bear and I am almost 34!  I decided that I would make my own comfy and cozy blanket to sleep with.  Why not, it works for my kids!  I cut 6 inch squares and added a 1 1/2 inch row between squares, then a 3 1/2 inch border on the sides.  The back is flannel so it is so toasty!  I did something a little new and brave for this project.  I free motion quilted the hearts to bind the layers together.  No stencils, no guide lines, just my free motion foot on my machine and where ever the stitch took me.  I started it and looked at it and thought it would not look good, but I just went forth with it and it turned out better than I thought!



The name of my blanket is, "Love and Comfort In Every Stitch"

No comments:

Post a Comment