Thursday, April 14, 2011

This and That...


 I have been working on some hand embroidery projects that are finished now.  This blanket is for a baby shower later in the month. I used just a straight blue color to tie into the color scheme of the blanket.  This is the cutest little boy set from Aunt Martha's Little Boy's Quilt #3910 Iron on Transfers.  




I found these owls on the internet and copied them to make a little owl edging on my pillowcase.  I used browns, pink, and a little blue.  This was fun because they each had their own personalities and expressions!  


This is one side of the pillowcase:


 This is the other side of the pillowcase:


This little owl is my favorite one of all! 


I am working on a new quilting program called Quilt-Pro 5.  It is a program especially made for MAC computers.   I looked at the EQ-7 program but it seemed to have some bugs that needed working out if used on a MAC windows VMware Fusion program.  I have been playing with the program but it is complicated!  I had to have the manual RIGHT next to me to figure it all out.  I did design a quilt/comforter for my mom's bed.  It is going to be 109X109!  I am using big squares to create the design with a hand embroidery pattern of flowers in the middle.  I hope to get cutting on this soon.  I like the program because it gives me all the material measurements, binding measurements and other information for finishing the quilt out.  I love that it tells me how much material I will need for a project!  

Still working on my flannel cup-cake rag blanket.  All I have to do is sew X's on each square then sew them together.  I guess it is so monotonous that I always put it aside for something more challenging.  Maybe I should slip in Top Gun and sew for a couple of hours!  :-)

Had some requests from family members for a couple of quilts and some other projects.  I also have had some requests for Cricut covers.  I am planning on doing them all in one day so that I can cut and sew using the pattern and get them checked off the ol' list!  

Summer is just around the corner!  We are planning on making it to the Denver National Quilt Festival at the end of this month.  I am so excited!  Then off to the Bolder Boulder to WOG (walking/jogging)!  Next is my baby boy's birthday, my baby girl's birthday and pre-school graduation!  Birthday parties, Chucky Cheese, swimming in Salida and The Lady Bug Shop!   YEAH!  
Happy crafting all!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment